You’ll Love These Oversized Vintage Tags & Free Printables

Hands up who doesn’t love farmhouse style printables, especially if they’re free. Like these charming oversized vintage tags.

DIY Oversize Vintage Tags and Clothes Pin Wall Art. Includes 3 Free printables | Free oversized wall art | Easy DIY vintage style wall decor | Ready to print gallery wall | #FreePrintable #FreeWallArt #DIY #GalleryWall #Vintage

Aren’t they cool? I’ve been trying to clean out make over our laundry room since it’s probably my least favorite spot in our house. I’m pretty sure those piles of clothes are making babies while we sleep and most of the time I need a GPS to navigate my way around. Please tell me it happens in your home too?  I’m hoping that if I add some wall art and rearrange the space it might do the trick. Kinda like putting up navigational signs so I can find my way again or something like that 😉 And anyways creating wall art for the laundry room is way more fun than actually doing the laundry, amairight?!! Okay let’s see how to make those oversized vintage tags, shall we.

What You Need To Make Oversized Vintage Tags

• 10 cm (4″) wide Balsa wood
  • Craft knife
  • Twine
  • Mod Podge and paint brush
  • Printer
  • Oversized laundry and postcard tags (free to download here) or you can design your own using some of the gorgeous graphics from The Graphics Fairy

Print and cut the tags out before applying a few layers of Mod Podge to seal them. Trace around the edges of the tags to create a template on the balsa wood. Carefully cut out the template using a really sharp craft knife. That’s the wonderful thing about balsa wood. You don’t need any fancy tools or one of those woodpecker on steroids machines to cut it 😀

Once the balsa wood templates have been cut, apply a layer of Mod Podge and glue the oversized tags down.

Hanging the Oversized Vintage Tags

Use a skewer or sharp stick thing to make a hole at the top of the vintage tags and thread a piece of twine through.

Knot the tags together and hang them up. Easy peasy!

I hung the tags next to our huge clothes pin patent art. It measures 24 cm by 59 cm (9.5″ x 23 1/8″) and you can download that one too. Since it’s quite big you’ll need to print it at print shop that offers custom sized prints, unless you have one of those huge ass printers at home. Here in South Africa I usually go to PostNet or you can have it done online at the Amazon Print Shop. Note to self…… you need to make another recycled tin can washboard to go with the oversized vintage tags.

BTW that photo is totally staged.There’s no ways I’m going into the laundry room right now. The clothes are making babies so it would be rude to interrupt them 😉 What do you think of the oversized vintage tags? Is it something you’d hang on your wall?

And don’t forget to share it with your friends and/or save it to Pinterest.

Pinny Please

Oh and just in case you want to make your own I’ve saved you the hassle of trying to find some of the materials. Disclosure: If you click on the links below, we may receive a commission from Amazon. But don’t worry it won’t come out of your pocket, and it helps us cover our printing costs, or maybe I can pay someone to do the laundry for me  🙂

BALSA WOOD 8 sheets 18' x 4' x 1/16' (460mm x 100mm x 1.5mm)
Fancii Precision Craft Knife Set 16 Pieces - Professional Razor Sharp Knives for Art, Hobby, Scrapbooking and Sculpture – Includes Stencil, Fine Point, Scoring, Chiseling Blades
Benjia 11x14 11x17 Poster Frame, Magnetic Light Wood Frame Hanger for Photo Picutre Canvas Artwork Art Print Wall Hanging (1 Pack, 11')

And as always wishing you a lovely, creative and blessed week.

Categories:   DIY Tutorials, Home Decor Crafts, Quick & Easy Crafts

Comments

• Posted: April 22, 2018 13:38

laura

Love this! Found you via Graphics Fairy feature! laura from colorado
    • Posted: April 23, 2018 15:13

Ahhh Laura, thank you for popping in for a visit. Isn't the Graphics Fairy just the best. She always shares so many lovely projects and freebies
  • Posted: April 20, 2018 19:01

Michelle, these laundry tags are fantastic, and look great beside the clothespin wall art! That's too funny about the clothes making babies. I totally understand about the never ending pile of laundry, seriously where does it all come from?! Lol.
    • Posted: April 23, 2018 15:23

Right!!!? Those piles of laundry just grow and grow 😉
  • Posted: April 7, 2018 13:40

Mia

Wow, Michelle!!!!!!!!!!! They are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.
    • Posted: April 9, 2018 11:23

• Posted: April 7, 2018 00:12

Fiona

I love your wooden tags. I love anything that has a nostalgic feeling to it, and the prints are so damn beautiful!
    • Posted: April 8, 2018 14:48

• Posted: April 6, 2018 15:25

Maya

These are super cute Michelle! Can be used in both shabby chic or farmhouse decorating styles! And they make for amazing gifts too! Thank you for this wonderful project!
    • Posted: April 9, 2018 11:27

I'm so glad you like them Maya, thank you 🙂
  • Posted: April 5, 2018 22:39

FLORENCE

Michelle, I was just about to inquire about what a craft knife is. Looks like I need one of those sets. I have a box cutter I use, but it's a dull as dirty dishwater. By the way, my laundry makes babies too. Ha. What a cute way of putting it. I certainly don't enjoy doing laundry, that's for sure. So I definitely need some of those cute tags you showed us how to make. I love them!
    • Posted: April 6, 2018 12:47

🙂 I'm so relieved. I was beginning to think that it only happened in our house 🙂 I'm glad you like the printable Florence, thanks so much
  • Posted: April 5, 2018 18:26

Brenda

Thank you for sharing. Absolutely love the idea. Going to make some for my laundry room.😁
    • Posted: April 6, 2018 12:47

It's a huge pleasure Brenda. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
  • Posted: April 5, 2018 14:31

Angela Ricardo Bethea

Wow! These are so cute Michelle. You are so creative. You really impressed me. I really like it in our laundry area.
    • Posted: April 6, 2018 12:49

Glad you like them Angela, thanks so much 🙂
  • Posted: April 5, 2018 12:57

Janet

The wooden tags are super cute, but especially like the clothespin print...the frame, too! Wish my laundry room wasn't in my unfinished basement...
    • Posted: April 5, 2018 14:03

Thanks so much Janet. The frame was just made using a few scrap pieces of pallets so I'm real glad you like it.
  • Posted: April 5, 2018 12:44

Debbie-Dabble

These are great!!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post about renting or Buying as one ages. I know we will not buy again so the question will be how can we stay in this house with physical disabilities or do we move......I will be doing more posts on this in the future! Thanks too for all your visits!!! Hugs, Deb
    • Posted: April 5, 2018 13:59

I look forward to those posts Debbie. It's something that the hubby and I have been chatting about too. The kids are "almost" all out of the house so having a double story home sometime gets to much.I'm not sure we'll able to find a rental space that allows 4 fur babies and 4 purr babies so that's what's keeping us here for a bit longer. I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be the best for you both. I am going to miss your garden terribly if you move though
  • Posted: April 5, 2018 09:51

NAti

These prints are amazing! I tell you YES Michelle, laundry is a mess at home too, and laundry room (although it's generous to call it that, it's mostly a laundry "spot" in our tiny apartment) is my least favourite place. And it really needs a makeover!!
    • Posted: April 5, 2018 14:01

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels that way Nati. I wish someone would invent self cleaning clothes, I'll be their top client 😁
  • Posted: April 4, 2018 20:35

Preet

These are gorgeous, Michelle. I love adding vintage touch to my rooms here and there, these look perfect for my work room and my living room. I would have never thought of this idea myself, printing them right now, thank you for inspiring me everytime :)
    • Posted: April 5, 2018 14:03

Always a pleasure Preet. Thank you for all the support
  • Posted: April 4, 2018 18:44

Mika

These are so artsy! I love how they look and the vibes they give off!You've given such clear instructions.I'll let you know if I try making them!
    • Posted: April 5, 2018 14:04

Please do Mika. This one is super easy 🙂
  • Posted: April 4, 2018 17:58

Stephanie Jeannot

Wow! What a unique craft to do that will come out with great results. I love these tags. So cute. I definitely want to try this. Great for spring time fun on a rainy day like today.
    • Posted: April 5, 2018 14:05

Oh that would be perfect to make on a rainy day 🙂
  • Posted: April 4, 2018 16:12

You are really very creative, these tags look really lovely and are such a great idea! They would be lovely gifts tags I think!
    • Posted: April 6, 2018 12:48

Thanks so much Elizabeth
  • Posted: April 4, 2018 12:54

Maria

I love this idea gorgeous! I have some wood left over and it would be great to make some! Maria
    • Posted: April 4, 2018 12:56

I'm really glad you like it Maria, thank you
  • Posted: April 4, 2018 05:37

Samantha

This is so cute! This might make your clothes want to keep creating babies though since your laundry room will be all fancy. BTW, “woodpecker on steroids” made me laugh!
    • Posted: April 4, 2018 07:35

🙂 Thanks Sam but those clothes must stop making babies already 😉
  • Posted: April 3, 2018 19:58

These tags look so vintage chic. Would add such a unique decor element to any space. Loved your idea. As always :)
    • Posted: April 4, 2018 07:36

😉 Thanks so very much Tanvi
  • Posted: April 3, 2018 18:24

Ithfifi

These are gorgeous, Michelle and they look really authentic, I think. These would make amazing additions when giving gifts - can you imagine a vintage Christmas set? You are constantly out doing yourself, awesome lady!
    • Posted: April 4, 2018 07:33

Ah now you've given me an idea, thanks so much Ithi 💕
  • Posted: April 3, 2018 17:20

Emily Fata, www.EmulatingEmily.com

Be right back -- printing off all of these! They're so adorable and would compliment the rooms in my home so nicely!
    • Posted: April 4, 2018 07:31

LOL Emily, that was a quick print 😉 Thanks so much
  • Posted: April 3, 2018 14:42

These are beautiful, I hadn't heard about Amazon print, I will check it out and pin the link. I love how antique they all look. Pinning
    • Posted: April 3, 2018 15:01

Amazon print is really cool and they have so many different options too and soooo convenient
  • Posted: April 3, 2018 11:31

Sonal

Thanks for sharing this. I absolutely loved it. Was looking for some inspiration to create something for my laundry room too. This is just so awesome.
    • Posted: April 3, 2018 15:02

It's a pleasure Sonal. I'm glad you liked them
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 20:58

Razor Mouse

Nice idea. I like it. Simple oldscholl, beautiful. :-D
    • Posted: April 3, 2018 15:03

😉 awesome, so glad you like it
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 17:41

Ah these are so gorgeous Michelle! I don't even have a laundry room, I do laundry in the kitchen... embarrassing. but true. Anyways, they'd look so cute hanging above the washer!
    • Posted: April 3, 2018 15:05

Thanks so much Katrin. We're very lucky to have a separate laundry area but I know with a lot of the newer homes the laundry is part of the kitchen too. It makes sense since it's easy to connect every thing up.
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 16:04

I loved Julia's comment. With such a pretty laundry room you certainly don't want to disturb it. Those printables are so pretty. I have to find some for coffee. Maybe I can use one of yours or go over to the Graphics Fairy.
    • Posted: April 2, 2018 16:37

💕 Go to Graphic Fairy Mary. She has tons of beautiful images that you can use. Be warned though, you'll get lost in all the possibilities
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:41

Is that why the laundry job is never ending Michelle? Because the clothes are in there making babies. LOL I love your wooden tags, and that super size clothes pin print.
    • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:46

Yup, I'm convinced that's what's happening. Even the socks that normally go MIA have stuck around to make teeny tiny little socks 😀
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:29

Julie

Where do you find the clothespin print? Love this display!
    • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:36

It's free to download on the blog post, but in case you missed it, here's the link https://acraftymix.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Large-Peg-Printable.zip 😉
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:23

The tags are so charming. It is a great idea. I can think of so many uses for these.
    • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:37

Glad you like them Debra, thank you
  • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:05

Julia - Vintage with Laces

It could happen that your clothes feel even more comfortable in your gorgeous laundry room now and spend even more time making babies. Just sayin'. ;) I love your wooden tags and the clothes pin print is awesome too, Michelle. Thank you so much for sharing! Now I need a laundry room, sigh.
    • Posted: April 2, 2018 13:25

Oops, oh dear that's not good. Looks like I'll have to hang them somewhere else 😀