Turn A Broken Wine Glass Into A Fairy Garden Cloche

Hello there. How was your weekend? We didn’t do too much, but I did get to make a new fairy garden cloche from a broken wine glass we had lying around.

Okay it wasn’t really lying around. If it was, our fur babies would either eat it or bury it 😉  The broken wine glass was safely stashed away somewhere neatly in our craft room.

How to Turn broken wine glasses into awesome coconut planters

A few weeks ago, we recycled the stems of the broken wine glasses into these beautiful coconut planters. So it was time to do something with the goblet.

How to Make a Fairy Garden Cloche

To make the fairy garden cloche you’ll need:

• A broken wine glass
  • A cork; door knob or pretty trinket
  • Glue, we used E6000
  • Something for the wine glass to sit on. A small plate, piece of cork or even a mason jar lid would work
  • String
  • Hand crafted fairy bits
    • Ice cream sticks
    • Thumbs tacks
    • Reindeer Moss
    • Florist foam
    • Paint

Before getting into the fairy bits inside let’s make the cloche, shall we. I didn’t have any pretty trinkets or door knobs. Well I do, I just can’t seem to find them UGH!! So I used a cork instead, since I have loads of those and they’re free 😉 I simply cut a small hole at the bottom of the cork so it would fit nicely on top of the broken wine glass, before using a strong all purpose glue to stick it on.

For the base of the fairy garden cloche, I used a large cork. I have no idea where it came from though. To prevent the cloche from slipping and moving, trace the rim of the wine glass onto the cork and glued a piece of string over the pencil marks. If you’re using a mason jar lid or a small plate, you can probably skip this step.

Time to start building up the fairy garden. The fun bit 😀 What you put inside is entirely up to you. For our little garden I used florist foam and reindeer moss to create a small hillock and added a signpost made from ice cream sticks and a skewer.

And no fairy garden would be complete without a few magic mushrooms.

Making The Magic Mushrooms

Theses are so much fun to make. All you need are a few thumb tacks, hot glue gun, red and white paint and a pin.

Grab some cardboard or foam and press the thumb tacks down to hold them upright. Use a glue gun and add dollops of glue on the head of the thumb tack. Try and get the glue to form peaks. You know those ones that always end up turning into long, stringy, gluey, spider webs? That’s what you want. When you’re happy with the mushroom shape give them a coat of paint.

Once the paint has dried, dip a pin head into white craft paint and make dots all over the magic little mushrooms.

Aren’t they just too cute. See what I mean about the peaks of glue. It makes it look so much more fairy-ish.

There’s soooo mushroom in the fairy garden cloche 😉Click To Tweet

While I was pretty happy with the whole look, the little cork handle needed something more. Like a flattened bead and a fairy bell perhaps 😉

What do you do when you break a wine glass? Throw it away and pour more wine or make a fairy garden cloche? I’d love to know and don’t forget to share it with your friends and/or save it to Pinterest if you like the idea.

Broken Wine Glass? No problem, turn them into a beautiful little fairy garden cloche. Bonus tutorial on how to make teeny tiny fairy mushrooms too #FairyGarden #FairyMushroom #recycle, #wineglass, #Fairycloche

Pinny Please

Don’t have any broken wine glasses? No problem, I’ve got you covered Disclosure: If you click on the links below, we may receive a commission from Amazon. But don’t worry it won’t come out of your pocket, and it helps us buy new wine glasses for our next party 😉

Anchor Hocking Vienna Stemless White Wine Glasses, 15 oz (Set of 4)
Sale Quality Growers QG2060 Preserved Reindeer Moss, 108.5 Cubic Inch, Spring Green
The Faucet Queen FQ50100 Thumbtacks, White, 100 Piece

Here’s wishing you a beautiful crafty week and may your wine glass never be empty and your heart always full.

P.S Need another idea for a wine goblet that’s lost it’s stem? What about this dreamy light.

Categories:   DIY Tutorials, Fairy Garden Crafts, Home Decor Crafts, Quick & Easy Crafts, Trash to Treasure

Comments

• Posted: September 23, 2018 19:10

DIY - Did It 4 You

I allowed myself to link you to my mushroom dome page because I love your work. I hope you authorize me. Thank you in advance and do not hesitate to go to see my page and leave your opinion, it would make me very happy! Here is the link: http://homemade-decoration-fr.over-blog.com/preview/db9dee834e28a4eb719c1d24c2ebd69f7799dcf0 See you soon and good creations!
    • Posted: September 24, 2018 04:41

That's no problem at all, thank you and I really enjoyed seeing all the other fairy garden cloche ideas you shared too
  • Posted: April 20, 2018 18:49

Michelle, this is just too adorable!! What a fun repurpose of the wine glass!!
    • Posted: April 22, 2018 13:21

• Posted: March 30, 2018 18:32

Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

Well now, if this doesn't give me a serious case of DIY AND wanderlust, I don't know what would. So clever and gorgeous! I want to be in that little scene... I'm featuring this project this weekend on DIY Salvaged Junk Projects. Thanks for linking up! :)
    • Posted: March 31, 2018 05:18

Awww Donna, thanks so much. You made my weekend 🙂
  • Posted: March 27, 2018 18:13

Deborah

I don't even know what to say!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to pick this as my feature for Waste Not Wednesday but Sam beat me to it. You will be her feature but there was a fight for ya :)
    • Posted: March 28, 2018 04:31

LOL Deborah 😀 thanks sooooo much for that. Love the Waste Not Wednesday link party.
  • Posted: March 24, 2018 20:57

Marie-The Interior Frugalista

I knew this was yours, Michelle as soon as I saw it posted at our Talk of the Town Party. Another totally adorable fairy garden made by you! My cloche needs something like this and my hot glue gun is starting to collect dust. Pinned and sharing
    • Posted: March 25, 2018 06:37

😊 Blow that dust of your glue gun my friend coz you're going to have so much fun making little mushrooms
  • Posted: March 24, 2018 16:08

This is amazing, you are really creative. This fairy garden cloche is so good with cute mushrooms.
    • Posted: March 25, 2018 07:33

Dhanyavaad my friend, I really appreciate that
  • Posted: March 24, 2018 10:26

Michele Michael

Brilliant. I have a share going out tomorrow on my FB page. Found you over at Sweet Inspirations.
    • Posted: March 25, 2018 06:33

Thanks so much Michele 😊
  • Posted: March 24, 2018 09:13

Maya

Michelle, whenever I click on your blog I feel like entering a fairy tale! This was no exception! Fantastic DIY - so sweet - it tickles the soul! Thank you so much for inspiring us!
    • Posted: March 27, 2018 14:35

Thank you Maya, that means a lot coming from you 💕 I adore all the things you make
  • Posted: March 23, 2018 17:20

Julie

This is just brilliant, so sweet. I would have never thought to make something so sweet, what a great save!
    • Posted: March 24, 2018 04:43

• Posted: March 23, 2018 10:50

Claire

That's an amazing re-use of an otherwise useless broken item. Amazing!! You have such a talent for this!!
    • Posted: March 23, 2018 11:02

Thanks so much Claire 🙂
  • Posted: March 22, 2018 22:16

Becca Talbot

Oh my, what a cute idea :) so crafty and creative of you! This would look great in any little girls bedroom hehe x
    • Posted: March 23, 2018 05:59

That's where this one is headed, my daughter's room 😀
  • Posted: March 22, 2018 20:00

FLORENCE

Michelle, you constantly amaze me with your creativity! When I first saw this I thought it was your feature in the link party, and I thought, "how come I didn't see that!!??" To answer your question, I don't hang onto broken wine glasses, I just toss them, but from now on, I think I need to save them! This is such a cute project! Love the mushrooms & how you created everything. The signpost is darling!
    • Posted: March 23, 2018 05:58

😊 Thank you Florence 😊 Save those broken wine glasses my friend, there's so much you can do with them
  • Posted: March 22, 2018 18:24

Tiffany Yong

This reminds me of the Enid Blyton books and how I always want to do such crafts and do magic with unwanted items. I like how it looked and am happy to see something fun again!
    • Posted: March 23, 2018 05:57

I loved reading Enid Blyton too 🙂 Glad you like the little fairy garden Tiffany
  • Posted: March 22, 2018 16:37

Calleigh @TheForkBite

Omg... this is so cute and very creative. You just woke up my inner self to pursue these kinds of magical creations.
    • Posted: March 23, 2018 05:56

🙂 Oh yay, I'm so glad that magical inner self of yours is tempted Calleigh
  • Posted: March 22, 2018 09:49

Angela Ricardo Bethea

Oh, my Michelle, This broken wine glass fairy garden looks really creative and cute. Perfect for my tiny garden. I really like it.
    • Posted: March 22, 2018 10:45

🙂 Thanks so much Angela 🙂 I'm happy you like it
  • Posted: March 21, 2018 11:53

Nati

This is so sweet! I never get tired of your endless creativity!
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 13:50

• Posted: March 21, 2018 05:34

Samantha

This is sooo cute! I love the mushrooms, but the sign is my favorite! I love all the magical places you included! My broken wine glasses don’t get upcycled. I should probably attempt some DIY craftiness next time. 😁
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 07:42

I hope you do Sam, it's so satisfying when you can save something from the dump 💕
  • Posted: March 21, 2018 02:15

Amy

This is perfection! I adore cloches, and this one is brilliant. I have a small terrarium (indoor) that I've never really done anything with. I recently thought that I should put a fairy garden in it. Whenever I do, I'm coming here for inspiration. You do the best fairy gardens!
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 07:44

Thanks so much Amy. Indoor terrariums are the best for making fairy gardens and you've got that beautiful little daughter of yours who can help too. Have fun
  • Posted: March 21, 2018 00:03

This is such an adorable repurposed Cloche. Ever since we stopped drinking alcohol in our household we literally don't even have any wine glasses but I did I would have saved them to give this a shot. Needless to say, your creativity is limitless.
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 07:46

😊 We don't drink wine either, but we have so many friends who do 😀 so there's always a few broken ones lying around somewhere
  • Posted: March 20, 2018 22:41

Evelyn, Path of Presence

Really inspiring creativity and resourcefulness! Right down to the signs, this has wonderful details. Looking at it cheers me up! =)
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 07:41

That's so good to know Evelyn, thank you 😀
  • Posted: March 20, 2018 19:57

Preet

What a perfect mini cloche for a fairy garden, it is so adorable Michelle. I love your creativity, I am planning to start the Shoe Planter, you made in a previous posts, this weekend and now I have this beautiful new diy. But I will wait and save a broken wine glass :)
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 07:40

Awwww Preet, thank you so much 😊 You are going to have so much fun making that Leprechaun shoe planter
  • Posted: March 20, 2018 19:03

This is such a good idea and so very creative. It is really adorable!
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 07:39

• Posted: March 20, 2018 18:16

Ithfifi

Michelle this is absolutely adorable and magical! I love that you added the sign post with destinations in different directions! Your creativity and execution never fail to amaze me! I am imagining these with fairylights at night time!
    • Posted: March 21, 2018 07:39

Adding lights would make it extra special. I think I'll do that next time. Thanks so much Ithi 🙂
  • Posted: March 20, 2018 12:25

Gosh, this is too cute! I love a pretty cloche. I'm seeing so many of them lately that means I have to get one too! I just love how enchanting this is.
    • Posted: March 20, 2018 15:42

Thank you. You should come party with us, bring wine and you won't need to buy one, we can make it 😉
  • Posted: March 19, 2018 21:02

yuni

so adorable!!
    • Posted: March 20, 2018 04:52

• Posted: March 19, 2018 20:15

Aw I was waiting for this one! It is so adorable, those mushrooms, Oh my gosh. Only you have the creative mind to DIY fairy mushrooms. The hole cloche is so magical!
    • Posted: March 20, 2018 05:01

I'm so glad you like it Katrin. Using the glue gun to make the magic mushrooms is just so easy and the weird little shapes always make me smile. It's so unpredicatably right somehow
  • Posted: March 19, 2018 19:30

How adorable Michelle! Very clever way to reuse a broken wine glass, it makes a perfect mini cloche for a fairy garden. I love the different shapes of the little mushrooms. Just too cute!
    • Posted: March 20, 2018 04:51

Those mushrooms are so much fun to make and you can never predict how they'll turn out. Just like Mother nature intended 😉
  • Posted: March 19, 2018 18:48

I do believe you are capable of repurposing or upcycling anything at all. And not just giving it a new life, but giving it an amazing life for the fairies to enjoy! You know what we find pesky you give us a good reason to try, like that glue that I hate so much when it does that thick squiggly line. That's the reason I've always hated using glue guns but I guess now I'll have to reconsider.
    • Posted: March 20, 2018 04:57

LOL Mary thank you and I'm convinced you can repurpose anything too. I've seen what you do with all those basement finds of yours 😉