Spoil Your Loved One With Sensual Herb Infused Bath Tea Bags

Hello beautiful. Can you believe it’s the end of January already. It seriously feels like Christmas was just a few days ago and since it’s the last Monday of the month it’s time for the International Bloggers Club Challenge. We’re a small group of international bloggers from all around the world that get together once a month to share a themed project. Since Valentines Day is just around the corner we all put our thinking caps so we could share some Valentine ideas with you. For this challenge I decided to make these Herb Infused Bath Tea Bags. They’re the perfect way to treat your loved one and you won’t believe how easy they are to make.

Beautifully scented herb infused teabags to spoil someone you love or yourself on Valentine's day. Super easy to make and includes tutorial on how to print on tea bags

Now I don’t know about you, but bathing in water that’s infused with the natural goodness of herbs is such a lovely way to spoil yourself or that special someone in your life.

How to Make Your Own Herb Infused Bath Tea Bags

First things first, make yourself a cuppa of your preferred brew and save those tea bags.

My favorite brew is our own truly South African rooibos tea that’s grown and harvested in the Cederberg region in the Western Cape. It’s delicious and super high in antioxidants. I grew up on t he stuff and if your baby has colic nothing works quite like rooibos tea to ease those nasty cramps.

Let the tea bags dry out a bit and then carefully cut open the one side and empty out the tea leaves. Don’t throw them away we’ll be using them later.

Gather up some sensual herbs and flowers. Lavendar, lemon balm, chamomile, rose petals and fresh basil are all good choices. I decided to keep it local, so I used some of our indigenous plants like wild Rosemary (Eriocephalus africanus) and the beautiful Rose Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), to make these herb infused tea bags.

I love the way the fresh piney smell of the rosemary compliments the warm mint-green, marshmallow undertones of the rose scented geranium. It’s heavenly. I also added a few gorgeous Plumbago blossoms to the mix.

Isn’t that color just beautiful? According to the Zulus, Xhosa’s and Shangaans the Plumbago has magical properties. They often use it in their muti to confound their enemies. Hopefully you don’t have any of those, but you can never be too careful 😉

Place all the flowers and herbs on a baking tray and bake on a low heat in the oven for about 2 hours or until the leaves crumble easily. Be warned the house is going to smell divine. While the herbs are baking you can print a beautiful image on the tea bags. I used a lovely heart shaped frame that I downloaded from the Graphics Fairy and added the words “You are Brewtiful”.  You are more than welcome to download it for your own personal use 😉

How to Print on a Tea Bag

I found the easiest way to do it is to first print the image or graphic on a piece of paper. Make a small mark on the paper so you remember how it feeds through the printer. Tape the tea bag over the image. It’s really important to tape along all the edges so the tea bag doesn’t get stuck inside the printer and mess things up. Place the “tea bag” paper in the printer using the mark you made as a guide and print the image again.

Here’s a handy tip. Use a laser printer so the images won’t bleed if they get wet. Once the herbs are dry mix the herbs with the dry tea leaves, coarse salt and some oatmeal. Not the instant stuff mind you. It’s just not the same.

Hand stitch around the heart shaped graphic leaving a small opening. Fill the tea bags with the herby, salty, oatmeal, tea mix, before sewing closed. Trim the tea bag neatly around the stitches. Not too close, about 1/2 cm or 2/8″.

On that special day toss the tea bags into a bath filled with hot water. Light some candles and just soak up all those wonderful, sensual aromas.

You can even use the little bundle of herb infused love as a yummy, gooey, nourishing scrub on your body. Pure bliss.

Beautifully scented herb infused bath tea bags to spoil someone you love or yourself on Valentine's day. Super easy to make. Includes a free printable and instructions on "how to" print on tea bags

Pinny Please

How are you planning on spoil your loved ones this Valentine’s day? Let me know in the the comments. Oh and don’t forget to visit the other lovely ladies from the IBC to see what they’ll be doing. There links should be down there.

Categories:   DIY Crafty Tutorials, Int'l Bloggers Club, Party Time, Recycling Crafts

Comments

• Posted: February 8, 2018 16:29

Such a romantic idea! I do not know why but tea for me it is a drink for romantic people... another brilliant idea of yours :)
    • Posted: February 9, 2018 05:51

I never actually thought about it but I think you right Christina. The idea of tea does conjure up softer, shared memories unlike coffee which is this mad rush of go, go, go. Mmmmmmm that's probably why I like tea so much 😊
  • Posted: February 8, 2018 02:39

Deborah Cline

Love, thank you for visiting the "Vintage Valentine" blog hop! I absolutely must try this, so much inspiration. Debby Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com
    • Posted: February 9, 2018 13:31

Thank you so much for hosting the party Deborah. There was so much Valentine's inspiration there
  • Posted: February 7, 2018 19:31

Sheltie Times

What a neat idea. I've never seen anything like that.
    • Posted: February 8, 2018 05:07

Thank you so much Sheltie, I'm glad you liked them
  • Posted: February 7, 2018 04:02

Amber Ferguson

Oh I love these! I would love for you to link up this post over at Share The Love Valentine Link Party! I saw found your post via The Boondocks Blog. Happy Valentine's Day! Here is the party link: https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/vintage-valentine-vignettes/
    • Posted: February 7, 2018 04:21

Thank you so much for the invite Amber, I'm off to join your party 😉
  • Posted: February 5, 2018 21:18

Marie

This is such a brilliant idea and so perfect for the tea lovers in our life, which I happen to have a few. Pinned and sharing
    • Posted: February 6, 2018 05:10

Glad you like it Marie, thank you
  • Posted: February 5, 2018 18:03

Michelle, these herb infused tea bags sounds divine. What a great way to spoil someone! I love the graphic on the sachets. Rooibos tea is one of my favorites, delicious!!!
    • Posted: February 6, 2018 05:12

Thanks so much Keri, it's so good to know that our local Rooibos tea is enjoyed all over the world
      • Posted: February 6, 2018 07:52

Suzanne

Hi Michelle, this is such a brilliant concept. I'm from the SA Rooibos Council and would love to chat with you. Please send me your contact details.
        • Posted: February 8, 2018 04:50

Thanks so much Suzanne and it ws so lovely to connect with you. Wishing you everything of the very best for your Rooibos Exhibition. It's the yummiest tea in the world
  • Posted: February 2, 2018 22:31

This is such a wonderful idea. I love how you created the heart shape tea bag and added the cute saying. Anyone would love to receive a special gift like this.
    • Posted: February 4, 2018 10:31

Thanks so much Debra. Valentine's Day has become so commercialized and I really enjoy making these. Gifts from the heart are always better
  • Posted: February 2, 2018 18:04

Claire

What a lovely idea. I like how you printed on the tea bags. The only trouble is I'm a coffee drinker so I'll have to get a friend to save me their t-bags. (I only drink tea when I have a hangover and can't stomach coffee which isn't very often these days).
    • Posted: February 6, 2018 06:57

LOL, thank goodness those hangover days are over for me too. Why on earth did we ever do that to ourselves? Glad you liked the idea Claire and I'm sure you'll find loads of friends who'll be willing to share their teabags with you
  • Posted: February 1, 2018 22:34

marie

I've never seen anything like this before. This is so pretty and such a great idea. I may try that over the weekend. My boyfriend should be pleased.
    • Posted: February 12, 2018 06:23

I'm sure your boyfriend will love them Marie and don't forget to spoil yourself too 😉
  • Posted: February 1, 2018 17:34

Leanna Forsythe

These bags are absolutely beautiful and for the education about teas. I am a coffee monster but Hubs does like and make his own tea. Very beautiful.
    • Posted: February 4, 2018 10:31

• Posted: January 31, 2018 20:52

Hi Michelle, these herb-infused tea bags look awesome, a very good idea for Valentine's day. I really liked the first tweet, which I already shared that a woman is like a tea bag. I used to drink the South African bush tea a lot during the marking/exams season when I have to work for 12 hours as a teacher. :) :)
    • Posted: February 1, 2018 05:58

I hear you Sadhna, Rooibos tea is wonderful and strangely enough it contains no caffeine yet it's still such a great pick me upper.
  • Posted: January 31, 2018 19:52

Michelle - Happy Heart Made

Another brilliant idea Michelle..they turned out so lovely!!!💛
    • Posted: February 1, 2018 05:58

• Posted: January 31, 2018 10:11

This is such a lovely idea, you are so very creative! Thanks for sharing how to make them ourselves I am dying to give it a go!
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 13:30

Please do Elizabeth and let me know how they turn out
  • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:46

Nicole F

This is such a cute idea! I should create this for my mom! She loves tea. I’m happy that January is over. January always seems like a long month!
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:59

It does Nicole, I swear January is at least 90 days long 😁
  • Posted: January 31, 2018 03:51

Amanda

That is quite an interesting idea. I love the idea of making my own tea bags. Would this work with any printer or a specific one?
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:47

Any printer should be fine, I just found that the laser printer seems to hold the ink better when you add the bath tea bags to water
  • Posted: January 31, 2018 03:37

FLORENCE

Michelle, this is quite attractive. I love the way you have printed the hearts on the tea bags. And the caption is just perfect. The mix of herbs that go into it sound divine & I'm sure they smell that way too. I'm thinking about making my hubby his favorite chocolate cake. I'm sure your man will feel very loved getting this "beauty bath treatment" from you.
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 05:01

Your chocolate cake sounds awesome Florence. I'm afraid if I had to try bake one for my hubby it would be a mushy mess 😁
  • Posted: January 31, 2018 02:10

Shubhada Bhide

Wow!! This is such an adorable idea on how to spoil our loving husbands. It seems that my hubby will really love this too!! Perfect for Valentine's Day!!!
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 13:36

Thank you Shubs, we all need a good spoil every now and again 😀
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 23:58

Kesha

This is very creative! I love South African roobios tea. This would be an excellent gift for a Valentine's Day gift for a mother.
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:58

Rooibos tea is the best 🙂
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 23:56

Sam- Raggedy Bits

These are such a lovely idea, Michelle!! I bet your hubby loves these!! These would also make such lovely gifts all year round for all the tea drinkers in my family!! A fabulous creative project as always!!
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 05:38

Thanks so much Sam, we both enjoy them and my daughter is a huge fan too. They just seem to make a bath extra special 🙂
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 18:58

Shell

Wow I absolutely love this cute and amazing DIY!!! I adore taking a luxurious bath and these are totally awesome!! I’m definitely pinning this for reference! :)
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:49

Thanks so much Shell, I'm sure you'll enjoy them
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 18:48

Ithfifi

Another genius idea, I had no idea teabags could be used in a such a way but its such a fantastic idea, I love that you kept the scents local too, what a sweet touch. Surely anyone would be thrilled to recieve these, I bet the bath results are so relaxing!
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 05:37

Thanks so much Ithi, they do smell heavenly and it's a lovely bath time treat all year round
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 16:50

Alicia Taylor

What a gorgeous idea! I could definitely sink into a bath like this. I wish I had a laser printer. Hubby has been wanting one. I like that there is no oil in these. Our bathtub gets so slick!
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:54

🙂 Thanks so much Alicia. I actually though of adding a few drops of essential oils to the mix but the scent is so lovely on it's own.
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 15:24

I bet these smell heavenly, and they turned out so pretty! Great way to spoil a loved one.
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:50

Oh they do Linda. I just love the way the hot bath water releases those scents again 🙂
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 14:07

Stephanie Jeannot

That is such a good diy project and would make an amazing gift for someone I think. They came out so nice and neat. Cool!
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 04:55

• Posted: January 30, 2018 14:05

Cleo

These are some great ideas, who would have thought you can do so much with a teabag
    • Posted: January 31, 2018 13:37

Thank you Cleo, I love re-using tea bags for so many things. Glad you like this idea
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 13:02

Becca Talbot

What a cute idea! I don't have anyone to spoil this Valentine's Day as I'm single - but my mum is a massive fan of tea, so I'm gonna bookmark this idea and use it as a creative birthday present for her later in the year :) x
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 13:16

I'm sure your Mom will love them Becca and even if you're single, why not spoil yourself too 🙂
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 12:43

hadassah

girl those are so cutee, i'm not mucha creative and they probably would end up a disaster if I tried lol! these are great gifts for the Holiday season coming up!
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 13:14

Thanks you Hadassah, such a beautiful unusual name. Give them a try they're really easy to make
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 09:50

Julia - Vintage with Laces

Michelle, This is is such an adorable idea! I'm sure these sweet tea bags smell just heavenly. It's really a bummer that we currently don't have a bath tub. I hope we'll have one again one day because I love to take a bath, especially during the cooler months. Maybe someone with a bath tub comes to my mind who I could make these lovely bath baggies for. The plumbago blossoms are so beautiful. This shade of blue is just gorgeous.
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 13:13

Oooo I love my bath time too Julia, but we have some serious water restrictions at the moment so that long, luxurious soak only happens once a month 🙂 I hope someone comes to mind. Knowing how creative you are you'll do something so unique with the bath baggies
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 07:05

Heraa Farooq

Wow they are looking so much amazing. I want to gift them to my finace for Valentine Day. So much creative can't wait to try them :)
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 07:32

That's so sweet Heraa. I'm sure your fiance would love them. Hope you both have a very happy, love filled Valentine's Day
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 06:54

Samantha

Michelle, I can’t tell you how much I love this! It’s so cute and thoughtful. I’d love to receive a gift like this! When I was reading the part about baking the herbs, I thought, “her house must smell good” and then you confirmed it. 😁 I love the first quote you used.
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 07:06

Thanks so much Sam, and they really are so easy to make too. Perhaps you can make some for yourself and Nikki. You both deserve a good spoil
  • Posted: January 30, 2018 02:41

Ayana Nell

What a fun, thoughtful idea! Rooibos is so hard to find around here! Only one local store that I know of sells it, and it's my South African husband's FAVORITE!! I definitely need to find a good source to buy it online!
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 06:57

Awww I'm real sorry to hear that Ayana. I'd be lost without my Rooibos tea. Your poor hubby. I hope you find an online store to stock up on that delicious brew for him
  • Posted: January 29, 2018 18:55

OH this is just the sweetest stuff Michelle! I am not a tea lady, but in fact, the only tea I actually like is Roibos, so that would work just right. I love the idea and the tea bags turned out beautifully. I really need a good bath in these ;)
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 06:55

You will absolutely love it Katrin. I really wish computers had a scent button. The smell of the herb mix is so exquisite
  • Posted: January 29, 2018 18:18

The time and energy, but most of all the love you put into these tea bags is so incredible. They will definitely make your loved ones feel so special. I am not a tea drinker but my son has at least ten varieties of teas in the cupboard. Maybe he'd appreciate this for Valentine's Day.
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 06:54

I'm sure he'll love it Mary and it's such a treat relaxing in a nice warm bath at the end of the day and having all those beautiful scents envelop your senses.
  • Posted: January 29, 2018 17:47

Ivan

This is a great great idea! It doesn't even seem so complicated. And I love the fact that the flat of the giver will also be smelling divine! Thanks for sharing this!
    • Posted: January 30, 2018 06:52

Thanks so much Ivan 🙂 and baking the herbs was one of my favorite parts too. I think it's the Rose Geranium that does the trick. I can still smell that delicious warm marshmallowy scent in the house. So yummy
  • Posted: January 29, 2018 15:13

Joanna

What a great idea! At the beginning I was wondering how this is going to work but by the end, learning that they are perfect for adding in the bath for a relaxation session, made me think that it's brilliant! It's quite a bit of work, but what don't we do for our loved ones?
    • Posted: January 29, 2018 15:25

Thank you Joanna. I honestly thought they would take longer to make but once the herbs are dry it was quick, quick and I had a whole bunch to spoil people with and probably the best thing about making them is how incredible the house smelt. Heavenly, it felt like we were living inside a pine scented marshmallow for a few days.
  • Posted: January 29, 2018 14:30

Lauren

BEAUTIFUL project!! Definitely would make a wonderful gift!
    • Posted: January 29, 2018 15:21

Thank you so much Lauren 😀 I so appreciate that
  • Posted: January 29, 2018 13:37

OMG - This has to be the most innovative idea I have seen on your blog so far. What a wonderful way to reuse the tea bags. I do drink a lot of herbal teas but mostly loose leaves but this seems like something I would like to try. Any specific reason why you didn't use new bags though? :)
    • Posted: January 29, 2018 13:49

Ahhhhh then I wouldn't be able to enjoy my favorite cuppa first 😉 and I really love the color that the tea stains the bags. But there's no reason why you can't use new tea bags Tanvi, they'll work just as well and would probably be easier to get the tea leaves out too.
  • Posted: January 29, 2018 08:07

You really know how to spoil your loved one, Michelle. I love your idea and it would totally work for my hubby too, I just need to find some big tea bags. Our favorite is chai tea but the bags are quite small. Thanks for the recipe too, it had never crossed my mind to make my own tea bath
    • Posted: January 29, 2018 13:50

😀 Glad you enjoyed it Pili and I loved the way we both did something with needles for this challenge.
Pin105