5 Unique Brown Paper Gift Wrapping Ideas You’ll Love – IBC

Hello friends. How’s your week been? It seems everyone is winding down and getting into the festive spirit around here. Fortunately I can tick “gifts” off my to-do list. They’ve all been made or bought already, but I still have a whole bunch of gifts to wrap. I honestly don’t know what I enjoy more. Finding the right gift for someone or wrapping them. So when my friends from the International Bloggers Club (IBC) suggested we all share our gift wrapping ideas for this month’s challenge, I was super happy. It couldn’t have come at a better time.

5 Unique gift wrapping ideas using brown paper that are the perfect way to show someone you care about them. Your friends and family will really appreciate the fact that you put in that extra effort #DIYGiftWrapping #BrownPaper #WrappingIdeas

Let me just tell you quickly about the IBC. We’re a group of friends from all over that get together on the last Monday of every month to share what’s happening in our little corner of the world. Sadly we’ve never actually met each other, but it feels like I’ve known them forever. So for this challenge I thought I’d try find unique ways to wrap gifts for them using brown paper and other bits and pieces.

5 Brown Paper Wrapping Ideas

A Pocket Full of Kindness

Let’s start with Keri. She’s a kind-hearted, homeschooling mommy who loves to re-purpose things and she has this amazing way with words. She can literally take any saying or quote and turn it into a stenciled work of art. When I first started blogging I had absolutely no idea a how to join a link party. I thought it was like some kind of secret club or something, but this beautiful soul reached out and guided me through the whole process. And I’ve been partying ever since 😉 One of my favorite things that Keri made is a gorgeous couch that she covered with denim.  So that was my inspiration for her wrapping her gift.

5 Unique gift wrapping ideas using brown paper

I just covered the “pressie” in brown paper and then glued a denim pocket on the top. It’s the perfect place to add a little card filled with magical words or you could even slip another small gift inside 😉

Pencil Me In

Next up is Katrin. She’s a kindergarten teacher by day and the queen of Nordic farmhouse decor by night. I honestly don’t know how she does it. She’ll take a twig and piece of wood and make it look like it came straight out of a glossy magazine. In fact her beautiful decor pieces have been featured in Somerset Home. Even a simple wooden bead becomes something else entirely when she gets her hands on it. Talking about hands, a teaching friend of mine mentioned that washcloths make great teacher’s gift. Apparently there’s always a little one running around the classroom with sticky fingers.

[tweet_dis_img]Wrong image[/tweet_dis_img]

So Katrin’s gift is a pencil wrapped washcloth. Confession time. It took me forever to figure out how to make that pencil, but I’m really glad I stuck it out, coz now you won’t have to 😀 If you want to make one too, simply print out the free JPG pencil pattern and cut around the edges. The JPG pattern is for personal use ONLY. Score and fold along the dotted lines and then glue the flaps to create this awesome brown paper pencil. It’s just big enough to slide a washcloth inside to erase those grubby little hands 😉

All Doilied Up

Ahhh, then there’s Mary with her magical basement. When it comes to finding hidden treasures, that basement would make Aladdin smile from ear to ear. It’s filled with fabric scraps, breens, books, vintage doilies, paranoid pumpkins and chivalrous trunks. I kid you not. And if Katrin is the queen of Nordic farmhouse decor then Mary is the queen of salvaging the unsalvageable on a budget. So I thought I’d wrap a gift for Mary using a few fabric scarps of my own, some buttons and a pretty doily.

I used our Sizzix to cut out a couple of  tattered flower shapes and then sewed a button in the center and a safety pin on to the back. Make a paper bag and pin the flowers and the doily onto the bag. Super easy and the flower pins make a lovely present  too.

Pom-poms and Ice Cream

And then there’s Pili, the fourth member of the IBC, This lovely lady lives in Spain and when she’s not homeschooling her girls she’s decorating apartments using bits and pieces she found on the side of the road. Whenever I think of Pili, I picture beautiful beaches, stars, headboards and bunnies with pom-pom tails, which is where the inspiration for her gift wrapping came from 😉

The pom-pom was made from bits of tulle, wool and blue raffia. I used glue dots to stick it onto a brown paper cone, so now Pili can enjoy an ice cream wrapped pressie when it’s really hot outside 😀

For The Man In My Life

There’s one more secret member of the IBC, but they’re very much behind the scenes. Always tidying up after my ass and generally keeping me sane – my hubby. He knows the other ladies from the IBC too and celebrates all of their achievements right alongside me. I couldn’t possibly not include him here. He’s not really a collar and tie kinda guy, except when he dons his Scottish attire. Ah man, he looks stunning in a skirt. It’s the legs 😀

5 Unique gift wrapping ideas using brown paper

So here’s my last brown paper gift wrapping idea for this challenge. A little package that’s been wrapped to look like a shirt; collar and all. This one’s is real easy too. Wrap the gift as you normally would, but create a double fold in front. Doodle some stitching lines and button holes on the double fold and add a collar. The collar is just a long strip of paper that’s been folded in half lengthwise and then crossed over and glued down. Add a few buttons over the button holes, and ta-da you’re done.

What do you think? Do the brown paper gift wrapping ideas appeal to you?

Pinny Please

Looking for more gift wrapping ideas? We’ve got you covered Disclosure: Clicking on the links below, means we may receive a commission from Amazon. But don’t worry it won’t come out of your pocket, and it helps us come up with more amazing ideas to share with you 😉

Sale Juvale Kraft Paper Roll - 12-Pack Packing Paper, Newspaper Theme Brown Kraft Paper Roll, Brown Wrapping Paper, 29.5 x 20.5 Inches
50 PCS Candy Gift Boxes, Bestga DIY Kraft Boxes Retro Post Mail Style Wedding Party Favor Gift Boxes Xmas Cookie Treat Goody Paper Boxes Bags for Christmas, Birthday, Holiday, Thanksgiving - Compass
Sale Juvale Kraft Paper Roll - 12-Pack Packing Paper, Nautical Antique World Map Theme Brown Kraft Paper Roll, Brown Wrapping Paper, 29.5 x 20.5 Inches

Oh and don’t forget to check out all the other ideas from my friends. Their link are at the bottom of this post. Wishing you a very happy week.

Categories:   DIY Tutorials, Int'l Bloggers Club, Quick & Easy Crafts

Comments

• Posted: December 17, 2017 06:31

Of course, all of these are gorgeous and different and I love them. But I have to admit the shirt gift is my favorite. Men's gifts can be very challenging to wrap and this one in perfection. I adore what you did.
    • Posted: December 17, 2017 12:30

Thank you Leanna, I liked the shirt wrapping one too and it was definitely one of the easier ones to do. Plus I can give away some of my button stash at the same time 😉
  • Posted: December 4, 2017 06:17

Michelle, I don't know what to mention first, how incredibly sweet and what an amazing friend you are or that your gift wrapping ideas are genius!!! Seriously you're the best! You're incredibly thoughtful and if i could I would give you a gigantic hug right now. I'm so glad we're friends!! You're also super creative and talented! Seriously these gift wrapping ideas are out of the park amazing! Thank you for thinking of me when choosing one of your gift wraps. The denim pocket is a great idea. I really like all the other gift wrappings, and they are perfectly paired with each person. :)
    • Posted: December 4, 2017 13:15

Bless you beautiful heart Keri ❤️ and how I wish we were closer so I could get that hug
  • Posted: December 2, 2017 20:01

Marie

You're freak'n amazing, Michelle and always so thoughtful! I smiled and nodded while reading your description of each one of these talented ladies. Love how you put as much thought into the wrapping as you did the gift. Such creative gift wrapping ideas here! Pinning each of them separately.
    • Posted: December 3, 2017 07:57

😊Thanks so much Marie, the IBC ladies are super talented and I'm so glad they found me in the big blogging cosmos
  • Posted: December 2, 2017 18:07

Claire

I love wrapping in brown paper and adding my own twist. They are all great ideas, but I bet you can guess which one is my favourite! Yes that's right the denim pocket, I'm going to have to steal this idea.
    • Posted: December 3, 2017 07:45

LOL Claire, I honestly thought there couldn't possibly be a denim idea that you hadn't already covered. 🙂 No one comes close to you
  • Posted: December 2, 2017 17:53

Heather

These are fabulous ideas!
    • Posted: December 4, 2017 05:26

• Posted: December 2, 2017 00:07

Maya

SO many great gift wrapping ideas! I am going to include this is a future post of mine about gift wrapping! Thank you for sharing!
    • Posted: December 4, 2017 05:27

Thank you so much Maya, I can't wait to see your gift wrapping post. Please send me the link when it's on your blog
  • Posted: December 1, 2017 14:47

I love all of the beautiful inspiration! You are so lucky that your hubby is involved. I wish mine was but he has zero interest in crafting lol. I love the shirt it's so unique and outstanding. I just love them all!
    • Posted: December 3, 2017 07:59

It does make it so much easier if you've got someone there for you. I'm a very lucky lady 😉
  • Posted: November 30, 2017 12:43

Marie

I really love using brown paper to wrap things. In fact, it's what I use when I wrap products for my small business. I wrap very simply - I never knew there were so many ways you could be more creative with a simple brown paper!
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 13:48

Thanks so much Marie, I love brown paper too. It's like this blank canvas that you play with.
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 19:52

steve walters

The ice cream cone and pencil are so cool! I'm very impressed with these wonderful ideas. They will love these gifts.
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 05:53

Thanks so much Steve 😊
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 13:54

mily jain

The denim pocket idea is so brilliant..it will be great to gift as well recycle clothes as sustainable living is an important part of my life...
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 05:54

Sustainable is definitely the way to go We try and repurpose as many things as possible here at home 😀
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 13:24

Evelina

What a unique and creative way to use brown paper! I am amazed! The pocket idea is absolutely fabulous.
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 05:56

• Posted: November 29, 2017 12:31

Thena Franssen

Wow, these are totally unique. I really like how you've showcased them. I wrap my own and like them bc you can decorate on them too!
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 08:58

That's what makes it so much fun right?!! Being able to decorate it anyway you want to
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 11:42

Nina

Link parties are super common amongst fashion bloggers. I've participated in quite a few and through them have met a few bloggers. Since I travel a lot, I've had the pleasure of meeting a few in person. It's always super fun when that happens. Love the way you wrapped the gifts for your tribe
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 05:58

Isn't it just the best. I never expected to meet such amazing people when I first started blogging
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 11:21

Ellie Plummer

This is amazing, so creative and original. Each one is thoughtful and beautiful. What a great job.
    • Posted: November 29, 2017 12:40

• Posted: November 29, 2017 10:09

I really love the idea of using brown paper in gift wrapping and the unique and awesome style of the denim pocket. Such an impressive design and idea.
    • Posted: November 29, 2017 12:41

Thanks so much Elizabeth. Brown paper is so versatile and we have loads at home.
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 10:07

Candy Rachelle

Such a great way to use brown paper in gift wrapper. I really like the most is the denim pocket idea so unique and stylish. Awesome!!!
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 08:58

Thanks so much Candy 😊
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 09:38

Taylor Smart

oooh will have to try this! they look so pretty as well!
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 08:59

• Posted: November 29, 2017 05:56

Samantha

These gifts are so thoughtful, Michelle! You put so much thought, time, and effort into each one. It’s so rare to get gifts like that these days. They are all so wonderful!
    • Posted: November 29, 2017 09:32

Thanks so much Samanatha. I really wanted to show the other ladies in the IBC how incredibly special they are
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 05:56

Emily Terrell

These are all so beautiful! I loved the pocket one. I was trying to find a way to re-purpose a jean skirt I have, this has given me ideas!
    • Posted: November 29, 2017 09:32

That's one of my favorites too Emily 😀
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 03:38

Amy Long

These ideas are so unique and beautiful! I love the idea of decorating my own wrapping paper. I love to be creative! Awesome!
    • Posted: November 29, 2017 09:33

Thanks so much Amy. It's so much fun to think of new ways to wrap presents
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 02:55

Nicole flint

All of these are amazing! I wish I was this creative! I love the denim pocket style! What a nice touch.
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 05:55

Thanks so much Nicole 😀
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 02:47

Agnes

I love all these ideas especially the pocketful of kindness and the pom pom. Will try and do this myself.
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 08:59

I'm glad you like them Agnes, thanks so much
  • Posted: November 29, 2017 00:16

Bea

Oh Wow all those ideas are amazing. I think my 2 favorite ones are the Ice Cream Cone & the Crayon ones!
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 09:00

They're my favorite too 😊
  • Posted: November 28, 2017 22:39

Courtney Blacher

Wow! What a fun idea! This is really creative! I love how you did it. I love all of these ideas, it would be fun for exchange gift as well.
    • Posted: November 29, 2017 12:39

Thanks so much Courtney 😉
  • Posted: November 28, 2017 20:45

Ithfifi

Oh my goodness, I am absolutely inlove with every one of these designs. I must say I clearly overlooked the beauty of paper wrapped parcels until I saw this. I especially love the demin pocket idea because its such a cuter idea than cellotaping the card to the corresponding gift!
    • Posted: November 29, 2017 12:38

I like that one too Ithi and I have so many old jeans that no longer fit me. So win win all the way 😀
  • Posted: November 28, 2017 14:32

Florence @ VintageSouthernPicks

Michelle, words cannot express the utter thoughtfulness of all these gifts from the heart that you've created with simple paper! I love the doily one you created for Mary, but all are soo special and unique to the person. I love them all really, and the descriptions that go with each one.
    • Posted: November 28, 2017 14:36

Awwwwww Florence, those ladies mean the world to me and I really wanted to try show them just how much. Thank you
  • Posted: November 28, 2017 12:02

Nati

All these ideas are absolutely adorable!! I don't think I could manage to make them look this pretty, tho, I'm terrible at diy projects :P
    • Posted: November 28, 2017 13:50

Thanks so much Nati and I'm sure yours would look as pretty. As long as they're wrapped with love ;)
  • Posted: November 28, 2017 11:11

Wow Michelle these are all amazing gift wrapping ideas just like you are one amazing lady. To make a gift then to wrap it in a way that it fits the gifted shows that your gifts are truley wrapped with love. I have always enjoyed your post. You always have something unique and wonderful to share, you have a way with words that always brings a smile or a laugh, like the legs. Lol. I'm sure your hubby is happy that you love his legs. 🤣
    • Posted: November 28, 2017 13:49

❤ Thank you so much Linda, you make my heart so happy and I really wish the hubby would wear a skirt more often. His legs are Hot 🤣
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 22:50

Karolina

haha! I will use the 'for the men in my life' idea for sure :) this is just hilarious and cute :D
    • Posted: November 28, 2017 07:07

🙂 Thanks so much Karolina, I'm glad you like it. Hope the man in your life does too
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 19:35

I don't know how you do it but I am always shedding tears of happiness whenever I come to your blog. You are truly a rare friend, and as Pili said above, we may never have met but I suspect we probably know you better than many people who know you in person. You and Shaun make a great pair and you are so lucky to have each other, legs and all! Thank you for everything! ❤
    • Posted: November 28, 2017 07:08

That's so true my friend. We spend so many hours online chatting and sharing things, it really does feel like I've known you for a long time. One day we'll meet for real ❤
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 18:53

Oh you sweet girl you, you are amazing! I am so touched and so happy :) How did you figure out that I need washcloths for those sticky fingerprints and boogers that I'm covered in each day? All of these wrapping ideas are magazine worthy and beyond amazing! Thank you for all of this ❤
    • Posted: November 28, 2017 07:10

❤ ❤ ❤
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 18:13

Indu

Your brown paper gift ideas are innovative and creative in design and in finish. I am very impressed.
    • Posted: November 30, 2017 09:00

Thanks so much Indu, I really appreciate that
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 16:32

Joanna

I wish I was so talented in making my own gift bags. I love the jeans pocket one, it would be perfect to hide a gift card inside it. The pencil idea is very ingenious too!
    • Posted: November 28, 2017 14:37

Thanks so much Joanna. I can't tell you how many pencil "prototypes" I had to make before I got it right
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 15:52

Deirdre

The pocket idea is basically blowing my mind right now. Such a clever idea.
    • Posted: November 27, 2017 16:06

Thank you Deirdre. I love that little pocket too 🙂
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 15:32

Julia - Vintage with Laces

These gift wrapping ideas are so awesome, Michelle! Each one is beautiful and I love that you created individual packaging that match the recipients tastes and interests. Your IBC-friends will be as touched as your hubby, I'm sure. Thank you so much for figuring out the pencil pattern and for sharing it. Great idea and great job! Have a wonderful week! :)
    • Posted: November 27, 2017 16:04

Ahhh Julia, thank you for that. I would have so much fun coming up with a gift wrapping idea for you my friend. It might take me a while though 🙂 so many ideas to play with to show you incredibly unique you are. A little bit of rust, a bobbin (maybe?), a spring, a tiny little purr baby paw print and a big fat heart
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 14:17

Aww Michelle, I was reading your post and crying at the same time. You are the sweetest and more detailed person I’ve ever met. You thought about all of us, and even if we haven’t met yet it’s like we know each other forever. I am sure Shaun will be happy to know you like his legs so much, you crack me up lol
    • Posted: November 27, 2017 14:39

Beautiful Pili, sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. You're so inspiring with all the things you make. I would love to meet you for real one day. All those words that are stuck inside us will just come pouring out
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 13:15

Shaun

• Posted: November 27, 2017 13:29

❤ Is breá liom tú ❤
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 13:12

William

WOW! Simply Amazing. Lucky Ladies.😀
    • Posted: November 27, 2017 14:41

We are yes 😀 Sometimes I hate technology but I would never give it up now because that's how I met these wonderful, awesomely stunning people. All of them including my hubby 😊