Quick and Easy Christmas Angels to Brighten up Your Decor

I can’t believe Christmas is around the corner, where does the time go? I remember as a kid it felt like forever before it was Christmas. Now that I’m older I just have to blink twice and Christmas is here. How does that happen? Talking about blinking, are you a Dr Who fan? I love the series. It’s the longest running Sci-Fi series and the time-twisting Doctor often finds  himself in the oddest places confronting some really weird and scary creatures. One of my all time favorite episodes was called “blink” and it was genuinely creepy. There were these statues of weeping angels who seem pretty normal, until you blink. Wowza, I’ll l never look at an angel statue in the same way again.  Well I  might look, but I sure as toffees won’t blink, ever!!!

I must have had angels on my mind when I was surfing perusing the internet for some Christmas craft inspiration because I found this awesomeness. FaveCrafts always shares such lovely stuff, and their favorite angel crafts post got me thinking about making some angels for Christmas. One’s that don’t blink 😉 Like this little lady.

Styrofoam Angels - DIY craft for a beautiful and unique Christmas decor. They are adorable and so easy to make

Look at those eyes

And even if she does blink, those eyelashes will keep any nasties away. She was super easy to make. All you need is a Styrofoam ball and cone, fairy wings (maybe you have some left over from Halloween), pins, a skewer, gauzy material, large teddy bear eyes and false eye lashes.

All you need

Start by covering the Styrofoam cone with the gauzy material. Use a pin to secure the material at the bottom of the cone.

Wrap and secure with a pin

Push those gorgeous teddy bears eyes into the Styrofoam ball. Be gentle, this angel is going to keep watch over you during the festive season.

Add the eyes

Use a tiny bit of the glue that comes with the false eyelashes and stick the eyelashes on.

Glue on the eyelashes

Push a skewer into the top of the cone and slide the head on.

Add the head

Wrap a little bit of the material around her head and use a piece of wire and some beads to secure the material to her head. A ribbon will also work or even some twine.

Add a veil

Take the fairy wings and pin them onto her back. Apologize profusely if you think you might be hurting her.

Pin on the wings

She probably took me 1/2 hour to make so I’m going to make lot more for all my friends that celebrate Christmas. I’m know these little angels will keep their beautiful eyes on all our loved ones throughout the festive season.

Easy Christmas Angels

Have you started making Christmas decoration yet? Let me know what you’re planning and doing, I’d love to hear from you. Sending love and blessing as always

Categories:   DIY Tutorials, Quick & Easy Crafts

Comments

• Posted: November 22, 2016 11:43

Michelle, I don't know how I missed this cutie!! This angel is adorable!! Those big ol' eyes and lovely lashes, beautiful! I've never seen the Doctor Who series, but I've heard it's pretty good. I'll have to check it out one of these days.
    • Posted: November 22, 2016 14:21

No worries at all mt friend, you've been so incredibly busy. I still can't believe that you've done a post a day. That's just wow, and all the things you've re-purposed look amazing
  • Posted: November 20, 2016 05:26

Nikki

This angel turned out so adorable. I absolutely love her fake eyelashes and big eyes. The beads and wire definitely had a great touch around her head. And I'm sure that she won't blink, she will watch over you and all your loved ones this holiday season.
    • Posted: November 20, 2016 06:37

Aaaw thank you Nikki. I'm sure she will.
  • Posted: November 17, 2016 01:39

Joan Floyd

This is soooo cool! Love it! Somebody's angel! Mine! :)
    • Posted: November 22, 2016 10:15

Thanks so much Joan :D
  • Posted: November 13, 2016 20:36

She is adorable! I love her big eyes with the eyelashes, and her angel wings. I don't guess I've seen any of Dr. Who, I guess because I never was into Sci-Fi. She looks to sweet to be anything other.
    • Posted: November 14, 2016 12:35

Thank you Linda. I suppose Dr Who probably wouldn't appeal if you're not into Sci-Fi, but if you ever get a chance watch one it might just convert you :-)
  • Posted: November 11, 2016 08:13

Sarah - Craft Invaders

Your reference to the weeping angels sent a shiver down my spine - that was such a creepy episode! Love your angel though - really cute :)
    • Posted: November 11, 2016 08:27

I know right, it was one of the scariest things ever. I'm glad our little angels won't do that though
  • Posted: November 11, 2016 05:51

Oh your angle is sure a little bit of a diva with those lashes, hey?? I love how easy it is to make one, and how cute it turned out Michelle! Such a fun craft... and btw... I know Dr. Who, but never watched it...can you believe that???
    • Posted: November 11, 2016 08:04

Aaaaa Katrin, you're missing out. It's such an awesome series and not all the episodes are scary. I'm sure you'll love it
  • Posted: November 10, 2016 22:29

Mary-the boondocks blog

Ok this is unbelievable. You had me at Dr. Who! And I have watched the blink episode. Soooo creepy, so much so that it can give you nightmares. Those angels are not to be messed with! Unlike your little sweety here who is perfectly harmless. I love her great big eyes and how adorable she is. She is more likely to be keeping Santa company than the Doctor. Btw, who is your favorite doctor? Mine is Eleven. Now I see why we became fast friends from the start. :)
    • Posted: November 11, 2016 04:41

Ahhh that explains it Mary ;-) If I had to choose it would probably be the 10th Doctor, maybe because he has a Sonic Screwdriver and I always wanted one :D
  • Posted: November 10, 2016 16:44

So cute. I love the fluttery eyelashes.
    • Posted: November 11, 2016 04:26

Thanks Leanna, I wish I had eyelashes like that :-)
  • Posted: November 10, 2016 16:42

Debra

Love this. Those eyes will surely keep an eye out for any baddies this festive season and yes HUGE Dr Who fan, who isn't ;-)
    • Posted: November 11, 2016 04:25

Thank you Debra, glad you like her ;-)