Buckets, Spoons and a Jelly Mold – Int’l Bloggers Club

Welcome to this months Int’l Bloggers Club where we’re celebrating the changing seasons across the world. I’ve been following the Int’l Bloggers Club for a while now and they share the most amazing projects. It’s always so nice to see what other bloggers are doing in their corner of the world. A few months ago they shared  their shopping experiences in Mallorca , PelopponeseAndalucia and Missouri and I wish we had some of those shops here.But onto the challenge – changing seasons DIY and crafts. In the North everyone is bringing out the pumpkins and making gorgeous wreaths,  while we’re doing the happy dance because Spring is finally here in all her glory. That means it’s time to start making some magic in the garden. One of the first things we did was re-purpose an old jelly mold to make these wind chimes.

Repurpose a jelly mold, some spoons and beads in a cage to make a wind chime to celebrate the arrival of spring. Full tutorial on the blog

A jelly mold, buckets and spoons wind chime

The jelly mold has been lying in our craft cupboard for a while now. Well I think it’s a jelly mold or something like that. It gets used in a kitchen somehow. Anyhows, I definitely wasn’t going to use it for what ever purpose it was intended for.

Repurpose a jelly mold and make a wind chime to celebrate the arrival of spring. Full tutorial on the blog

What we used

There were also a whole bunch of those little buckets and some weird, freaky spoons. Oh and a broken solar panel light, I think Zia ate the rest of it. Butter wouldn’t melt in this one’s mouth, but solar lights apparently do 8)

Zia - one of the stars from A Craft Mix

Zia

We drilled small holes into the mold thingy and hung the buckets using fishing gut and a pin.

Make a wind chime from buckets, spoons and a jelly mold - full tutorial on the blog

Attaching the buckets

We staggered the buckets as we hung them and then added little glass beads in a wire cage.

So pretty

To make the wire cage, you need soft silver wire, flat nose pliers and wire cutters. Cut the wire into 25 cm pieces. Use the flat nose pliers to make a small loop at one end of the wire. Put the loop inside the flat nose pliers and then coil the wire as you turn it. You should end up with tightly coiled circle that’s large enough to cover one end of the bead. Do the same on the other side making a coil in the opposite direction.

Starting the cage

Take the two coils and bend them towards each other. Insert the bead and then squish the wire around the bead, straightening as you work until it covers the bead nicely.

Finishing the cage

Once the beads were all done, we drilled holes into the bottom of the buckets and attached the beads using fishing gut and a pin. To hang the spoons we first tried drilling a small hole in the handle, but the drill bit just went all over the place, so we wrapped some wire around the handle instead.

Hanging the spoons

The solar light fits so nicely in the top of the jelly mold.

Add a Solar Light

And the weird little spoons add touch of drama and whimsy.

Repurpose a jelly mold and some spoons and make a wind chime to celebrate the arrival of spring. Full tutorial on the blog

Love these spoons

So here’s to Spring and Fall all the uniqueness that each season brings. Please go have a look at the beautiful Fall crafts that the lovely ladies from the Int’l Bloggers Club have made. Just click on the pictures and enjoy a whirl wind tour around the globe.

[FinalTilesGallery id=’2′]

[FinalTilesGallery id=’3′]

How do you celebrate the changing seasons.

Categories:   Hacks & Revamps, Home Decor Crafts, Int'l Bloggers Club

Comments

• Posted: February 8, 2017 13:43

Debbie

The "mold" looks like the bottom of a spring pan. Cute idea!
    • Posted: February 8, 2017 14:54

Yay, thank you Debbie :D
      • Posted: March 28, 2017 03:41

Anonymous

It looks like a galvanized vintage chicken feeder.
        • Posted: March 28, 2017 04:08

Oh wow, I need to look that one up. Thanks so much
  • Posted: October 9, 2016 17:10

Jennifer

This is very creative and humorous at the same time! We have just bought a new spoons set. Maybe I have to ask my hubby to buy another new one so I can use the present set for this. Thanks so much for sharing!
    • Posted: October 10, 2016 03:48

Thanks so much Jennifer and I agree get another spoon set. The wind chime is a lot of fun to make and it looks real pretty in the garden ;-)
  • Posted: October 3, 2016 05:01

Tammy

I am so gonna try and make this I love wind chimes but I have to say never one so unique and beautiful all in one I have been on a mission all week trying to figure out how to make a wind chime with a bunch of old silverware and a small metal watering can. And you have given me the inspiration to do it. Thank you so much for sharing.
    • Posted: October 3, 2016 07:44

Hello Tammy :D. I'm so glad you like the wind chime and can't wait to see what yours will look like. Will you send a photo when your done, I'd love to see it.
  • Posted: October 1, 2016 23:19

Mickie

I love this; it's the coolest wind chime I've ever seen! How did you bend the spoons? They are so neat! Thanks for sharing.
    • Posted: October 2, 2016 12:04

Thank you so much Mickie. Unfortunately I can't help with the spoons, I bought them like that, sorry.
  • Posted: October 1, 2016 17:47

Ro Curtis

Save yourself some grief - & wire ( although yours looks great! ): buy a "prick punch" from your local hardware store. Using a hammer - you create a "dent" in the object - & your drill bit will stay in place. ( Not working? Make the "dent" even deeper with a couple more whacks of the hammer! ) Beautiful piece! But I can't see how you made the bends & twists in the flatware??????? )
    • Posted: October 2, 2016 12:00

Good tips Ro, thank you so much. Sorry I can't help with bending the spoons, I bought them at the China Mall. I have seen them on Amazon though, but they were a lot more expensive
  • Posted: September 30, 2016 19:28

Marie from The Interior Frugalista

I noticed your wind chimes somewhere in blogland and made a note to check them out when time permits. Then when reading Mary's post I see your fabulous wind chimes and see that you're the newest member of the Int'l Bloggers Club! - congrats and welcome! I LOVE your first project in the group - your whimsical wind chimes are fabulous!!! Pinning to share 😀
    • Posted: October 1, 2016 06:21

Hello Maire, I love, love your stuff. Wow, thank you so much for coming to say hi and for the pin :D
  • Posted: September 29, 2016 14:11

Carlee

That turned out beautifully! It is always a bit hard to wrap my brain around the fact that half of the earth is in the opposite season... it always is so interesting! Anyway, I just love this!
    • Posted: September 29, 2016 15:07

Lol, I struggle with the same thing Carlee. The weirdest thing for me is trying to imagine a white Christmas. For us Christmas is all about pool parties and braai's or BBQ's. Thank you so much for coming to say Hi ;-)
  • Posted: September 29, 2016 09:58

Mary-the boondocks blog

Love this idea, and love your out of the box thinking! You have created a magical garden for the springtime.
    • Posted: September 29, 2016 12:32

Lol, thank you Mary.
  • Posted: September 26, 2016 22:25

Sarah - Craft Invaders

Love this and love the mold - although not sure it's a jelly mold, will do some investigation and see what I can find out (It probably wont surprise you to know I actually have a bit of a thing about jelly molds lol!)
    • Posted: September 27, 2016 05:57

Thanks a ton Sarah, I'd be really keen to know what IT should be used for, besides making wind chimes, lol ;-)
  • Posted: September 26, 2016 20:05

Michelle, how fun that it is springtime for you when all I'm waiting for is fall this time of year! I love that wind chime, it is so unique, all the little bits and pieces you added are so clever! It looks really beautiful!
    • Posted: September 27, 2016 06:01

Lol Katrin, you're right it's weird. Hope you have a beautiful, inspiring fall
  • Posted: September 26, 2016 19:05

How cute Michelle! I love how you used a combination of things to make your wind chime. It turned out really pretty! I've been wanting to make a wind chime, I even have everything that I need. Guess I need to get with it.
    • Posted: September 27, 2016 06:02

Hey Linda <3 looking at all your other projects your wind chime is going to look amazing. Can't wait to see it.
  • Posted: September 26, 2016 14:51

Sarah Jean

Super cute! love how you took something you didnt think you'd use again for its intended purpose
    • Posted: September 26, 2016 14:55

Lol Sarah, if I knew how to cook I'd probably be able to use IT for whatever IT was meant for. Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment
  • Posted: September 26, 2016 13:35

Beth H

Your left-hand social media bar is horribly annoying when someone tries to view your posts with an iPad. It obscures the first word or two on the left and is impossible to remove.
    • Posted: September 26, 2016 14:53

Thanks for letting me know Beth. I'll try and see if I've missed a setting or something somewhere. Sorry about that, but I really do appreciate you letting me know.
  • Posted: September 26, 2016 12:42

Michelle, this is AWESOME!! I love how you took the combination of different things and put them together to make a wind chime! Also your methods for attaching all the different elements is so absolutely clever!!! The wind chime looks so cute too!
    • Posted: September 26, 2016 12:53

Thank you Keri. I just wish I could get a nice picture when the solar light goes on at night. It looks so pretty. Hope you have a beautiful fall filled with pumpkins, golden hues and amazing sunsets
  • Posted: September 26, 2016 09:17

Michelle, you amaze me! Really! I wish I could travel to your garden to see all the magical things you have there! This wind chime is absolutely adorable, I can see the sun hitting the stones and the spoons and how it will shine. Enjoy your spring!!
    • Posted: September 26, 2016 12:30

Awwwww Pili, thank you so much. I really, really love our garden, especially this time of the year. I'd love for you to see it for real sometime. Enjoy fall <3