Christmas at the Fairy Bistro – 3 DIY Projects

It’s Christmas at the fairy bistro and this year they’ve decided to go for a very natural, rustic look. It’s all the rage at the moment according to the trend setters in the fairy world 😉

It's Christmas time at the fairy Bistro. Come see how to make a bistro styled table, chairs, sign and miniature driftwood Christmas tree

Christmas time at the Fairy Bistro

It looks like they’ve been spending time on Pinterest and made themselves a driftwood Christmas tree. I asked the owner of the bistro how she did it. She’s such a sweetie pie, she gave me the full tutorial to share with you all.  Apparently she found some twigs and used her  glue gun magic wand to stack them together, starting with the longest, biggest twig at the bottom and working up towards the smallest twig at the top.

How to make the tree

The fairies added a small bell at the very top and stuck the tree on to a lid, that they covered with tin foil and pretty paper. They flocked the Christmas tree with a little bit of milk powder fairy dust.

Miniature Christmas Tree

I complimented her on her bistro table and chairs. And wouldn’t you know it, she had a tutorial for that too and she let me in on a secret. Those little fairies have been borrowing our silicone muffin trays to kit out their bistro. I had a sneaky suspicion that someone’s been using them, but I never would have guessed it was the fairies. To create the gorgeous in lay on top of the table the fairies placed a flat bead in the bottom of the tray and then poured a thin layer of Plaster of Paris over the bead.

Making the table top

The chairs were made in the same way using smaller silicone muffin cups. While the Plaster of Paris was still wet they stuck some skewers inside for the legs. According to the “muffin borrowing fairy”, the table and chairs were ready within minutes and they just popped out of those molds. And I’ve been wondering why our muffins always taste so gritty.

Making the chairs

The inlay looks so pretty and adds a touch of class to bistro tables.

Table top inlay

Gritty muffins aside, I think the table and chairs look lovely and fit the decor perfectly. They also borrowed some graphics from The Graphics Fairy to make the sign at the back. They just added a frame made from skewers.

Making the sign

The whole vibe at the fairy bistro is very relaxed and natural; borrowed bits and all.

The little fairy invited me to stay for a while and savor some of her delicious dishes. Unfortunately I had a blog post to write, but I did promise that I’d come back sometime soon. Do you want to join me?  Entrance is free and all she asks in return is that you share her craftiness 😉

Pin me!!!!

Wishing everyone a very merry and safe festive season. Sending love and fairy kisses as always

Categories:   DIY Crafty Tutorials, Fabulous Fairy Gardens, Quick & Easy Crafts

Comments

• Posted: February 21, 2017 03:43

I really enjoy your faerie crafts. I made some miniature twig Christmas trees a couple of years ago. They really are adorable. I bet the faeries loved it.
    • Posted: February 21, 2017 12:39

Thanks so much Leanna. They've taken the Christmas decorations down but I can still hear them partying up a storm in the bistro ;-)
  • Posted: December 30, 2016 15:21

Ilka

I don't know how you come up with all theses adorable creations Michelle! Simply precious!!
    • Posted: December 30, 2016 16:33

The fairies made me do it!!! Thank you Ilka <3
  • Posted: December 22, 2016 16:41

Suzette

Dis sooooooo flippin cute Mikki. Ek gaan vir die klienkinders een maak, hulle gaan dit love!!!
    • Posted: December 23, 2016 09:30

Baie dankie Suzette ;-) ek's seker die klientjie sal daarvan hou
  • Posted: December 20, 2016 20:04

Mary-the boondocks blog

Aww the fairies are living in style! This is the epitome of cool!! Such beautiful projects and great tutorials too. I'm still waiting to see your fairies, Michelle. Maybe they are special and invisible. Merry Christmas to you and the fairies.
    • Posted: December 21, 2016 14:47

You have to be super fast to spot them Mary and knowing you, there are fairies all around you all the time. Merry Christmas to you too my friend
  • Posted: December 20, 2016 19:26

Oh, count Amelie and myself in! We will definitely want to try what the fairy has to share in that lovely bistro of hers! She is such a clever and creative little thing, I love the bistro and that tree, oh my! If she could only swing that wand and make me an exact copy in big!!
    • Posted: December 21, 2016 14:43

Thank you Katrin, I'll let the little fairy know. She especially loves it when children have fun with her tutorials. P.S. She been swinging her magic wand all afternoon, did you get your copy. She's a bit worried that she doesn't have the international spell right ;-)
  • Posted: December 20, 2016 04:30

Angie ~ ambient wares

Wow! This is amazing! I think this style would be great for my next basket ;) Pinning!
    • Posted: December 20, 2016 07:12

LOL Angie, I was thinking the same thing when I saw what you did with the baskets. It's such a stunning idea
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 18:24

Michelle, I love it!!!! This is such a cleverly written post, how fun!! You did a great job, err, I mean the fairy did a great job on making all of these beautiful pieces for the bistro!! I really like the table and chairs. I'd be glad to share her work, it's beautiful! :)
    • Posted: December 20, 2016 07:11

Awww Keri, thank you for the lovely comment and for sharing the fairy's tutorial :D
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 14:17

Kat

This is adorable! But knowing me I would actually make a 4 foot one and hang lots of bird treats off it such as sliced fruit and suet balls for outside. In Canada we already have the snow LOL! Time to keep an eye out downed branches!
    • Posted: December 19, 2016 15:10

LOL, if I could find my own magic wand I'd probably do the same Kat. I wish you could come visit and take some photos of the birds in our garden. We have a Paradise flycatcher in full mating colors flitting around the garden right now but my photography skills aren't good enough to get a nice shot. He is sooooo, sooooo beautiful
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 13:46

Kellie

I am so in love with this. I love how crafty she is and that she shared with you.
    • Posted: December 19, 2016 15:12

She's a really special "borrower" fairy Kellie. I'll let her know that you came to say hi ;-)